“Gotta Catch ‘Em All”
The launch of “Pokémon Go” has created a universal sense of nostalgia in today’s generation of people who grew up listening to the famous slogan “Gotta catch ‘em all”. Within days of its launch, this mobile game has become a fan favorite as people have gathered the streets to capture specific Pokémon characters on the app. Thus, if you have been outside lately, you know all about the game. As much as “Pokémon Go” is a fun outlet for not only children, but grownups as well, it can serve as a learning tool for many companies. The app’s impressive marketing model can be used as a template for Direct Marketing and Sales firms, and here is why.
- Good branding: Make sure whatever you represent is reputable. The presence of the brand itself should be able to draw any costumer in. When a brand has the power to stand alone, anything it is associated with is appealing. Take pride in whatever you are representing and be one of the faces for its amazing reputation.
- Timing: Timing is everything. Always know the best time to pitch any consumer and seal the deal. This isn’t always easy. Read their body language and facial expressions to know when it is time. Too early or too late, you lost your chance. Time out your efforts effectively, and if you hit them at the right time, you’ll get your sale.
- Loyalty: What connects your brand to any specific consumer? How can they identify with it? Show consumers why the product you are selling is great for them on an individual level. Personal factors are always what tie any person to any product.
- Followers: Give consumers social proof to display how amazing your product is. People like to lead and follow by example. How many other people have been using this product? How did it benefit them? What do they like about it? Nobody wants to be the first to try something out. People are more enticed to purchase and act on things that they believe other people are as well.
- Easy: The most successful brands are those with the most simplistic instructions. We live by the acronym K.I.S.S: “Keep It Simple Stupid”. Get straight to the point! People do not want to be bothered with taking time to figure something out. If you demonstrate the basic techniques of your product and how to use it, people will be impressed.
It’s crazy to think that even at such a grown age we can still be greatly impacted from childhood characters like those from Pokémon. So while you are roaming the streets and parks trying to find Charizard, try to look into the deeper business factors of it all. Yet, like every other aspect of life, don’t forget to always HAVE FUN! Try to have as much fun in the field as you do when you are playing “Pokémon Go” and you will have your best day of work every day!